About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 115-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our rigorous and interdisciplinary curriculum, our invaluable experiential learning opportunities, and the breadth and depth of our specialized areas of concentration and certificate offerings.
- Student Life
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
Working Paper Series
Center for Law and Social Science (CLASS)
- CENTER FOR LAW AND SOCIAL SCIENCE (CLASS)
- CLASS WORKSHOPS
- CLEO WORKSHOPS
- WORKING PAPER SERIES
- MAILING LIST
2001 USC Legal Studies Working Paper Series
- 01-1 Peter H. Huang, Kimberly D. Krawiec, and Frank Partnoy, Derivatives on TV: A Tale of Two Derivative Debacles in Prime-Time.
- 01-2 Linda R. Cohen and Matthew L. Spitzer, The Government Litigant Advantage: Implications for the Law (forthcoming, Florida State University Law Review).
- 01-3 Gregory C. Keating, Distributive and Corrective Justice in the Tort Law of Accidents, 74 Southern California Law Review 193 (2000).
- 01-4 George Lefcoe, Finding the Blight That's Right for California Redevelopment Law (forthcoming in 52 Hastings Law Journal, July 2001).
- 01-5 Edward J. McCaffery, A Voluntary Tax? Revisited (Presented at the National Tax Association's 93rd Annual Conference on Taxation, Estate and Gift Taxes Panel, Saturday, November 1, 2000, forthcoming in National Tax Association Proceedings).
- 01-6 Eric L. Talley, Disclosure Norms (forthcoming, 149 University of Pennsylvania Law Review, 2001).
- 01-7 Cindy R. Alexander, Jennifer Arlen, and Mark Cohen, Evaluating Data on Corporate Sentencing: How Reliable are the U.S. Sentencing Commission's Data? (forthcoming in the Federal Sentencing Reporter).
- 01-8 Jennifer Arlen, Matthew Spitzer, and Eric Talley, Endowment Effects Within Corporate Agency Relationships.
- 01-9 Nuno Garoupa and Daniel Klerman, Corruption and the Optimal Use of Nonmonetary Sanctions.
- 01-10 Daniel Klerman, Was the Jury Ever Self-Informing?
- 01-11 W. Bentley MacLeod, Optimal Contracting with Subjective Evaluation, 93 American Economic Review 216 (2003).
- 01-12 Eric L. Talley and Stephen J. Choi, A Defense of Shareholder Favoritism.
- 01-13 Gregory C. Keating, The Theory of Enterprise Liability and Common Law Strict Liability, 54 Vanderbilt Law Review 1285 (2001).
- 01-14 Herbert Dawid and W. Bentley MacLeod, Holdup and the Evolution of Bargaining Conventions, 15 European Journal of Economic and Social Systems 153 (2001).
- 01-15 Thomas D. Lyon, Speaking with children: Advice from investigative interviewers.
- 01-16 Stephen J. Choi and Eric L. Talley, Playing Favorites with Shareholders.
- 01-17 Dan Simon, On the Double-Consciousness of Judging: The Problematic Legacy of Cardozo.
- 01-18 Ronald R. Garet, "Our Ancient Faith": A Translation of the Declaration of Independence.
- 01-19 David B. Cruz, Disestablishing Sex and Gender (forthcoming 90 Calif. Law Rev. (July 2002)).
- 01-20 Elizabeth Graddy, Juries and Unpredictability in Products Liability Damage Awards (forthcoming in Law & Policy).
Can discuss retirement, legacy
2018 Meet the Firm Night
June 21, 2018
Career-oriented evening, another ringing success
USC Law Launches Online Human Resources Certificate
June 7, 2018
New online certificate will help professionals advance in the field.