About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 120-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
USC Gould helps prepare you for a stellar legal career. You can pursue a JD degree, one of our numerous graduate and international offerings, or an online degree or certificate.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Career Events and Resources
USC Gould School of Law
- JD CAREER SERVICES
- + JD STUDENT CAREER SERVICES
- CAREER COUNSELING
- CAREER EVENTS AND RESOURCES
- EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- EMPLOYMENT STATISTICS
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- ALUMNI SERVICES
- + CAREER INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYERS
- RECIPROCITY POLICY
- CONTACT US
Throughout the year, the Career Services Office offers the following for our JD students:
- Career skills workshops: Topics include self-assessment, career planning, résumé and cover letter writing, law firm interviewing skills, public-sector interviewing skills and networking.
- Panel discussions and guest speakers: Get information on legal careers covering a wide range of practice-area specialties and employer settings, including public interest, government, small- and mid-sized law firms, judicial clerkships, in-house counsel and alternative career options.
- Alumni mock interviews: Offered twice annually, this event provides you with the opportunity to practice interviewing skills with attorneys to maximize your job search success.
- Alumni Mentor Lunch (for first-year students and transfers) and Alumni Mentor Program (for second- and third-year students): Benefit from the opportunity to connect with and learn from USC Gould alumni.
- Networking opportunities: Meet with local practitioners through our annual Small and Mid-Sized Law Firm Reception and other niche employer events.
The following resources are available to JD students:
- Extensive library: Review information on private firms, government agencies, public interest organizations, practice specialties, summer and post-graduate fellowships and judicial clerkships.
- Career Alert weekly email newsletter: Receive information regarding upcoming events, deadlines and opportunities.
- Online collection of handbooks, guides and employment listing services: Gain 24/7 access to the following resources and more through USC Gould's myLaw Portal:
- VAULT Online Library of Career Guides
- Government Internship and Honors Programs Handbook
- Small and Mid-Sized Job Search Guide
- Out-of-town job search guides for selected cities/regions
- Judicial Clerkship Handbook
- Public Policy Opportunities Handbook
- Practice area resource guides
A message of hope
November 16, 2022
Judge Robert L. Wilkins chronicles family journey in 2022 Roth Lecture
Vision and Disruption: Current Realities in Entertainment
November 15, 2022
The 2022 Institute on Entertainment Law and Business addresses changes in the industry and how to adapt
In his honor
November 7, 2022
Southern California Law Review symposium celebrating Professor Christopher Stone wins ABA award