About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 115-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our rigorous and interdisciplinary curriculum, our invaluable experiential learning opportunities, and the breadth and depth of our specialized areas of concentration and certificate offerings.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
Board of Councilors
- ABOUT USC GOULD
- A MESSAGE FROM THE DEAN
- + HISTORY OF USC GOULD
- + NEWS
- + EVENTS
- BOARD OF COUNCILORS
- ABA REQUIRED DISCLOSURES
- VISIT US
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- + CONTACT US
The Board of Councilors for the USC Gould School of Law is composed of professional, business and community leaders. This prestigious board provides counsel to the deans and faculty as well as the provost and president of USC.
Councilors are appointed by the president of the university for three-year terms which may be renewed once. Councilors advocate for the outstanding research, education and public service programs at USC Gould, serve as an ambassador for the school to the greater community and assist the school in securing financial support such as gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations.
- John M. Iino, JD 1987, Reed Smith
- Amy Alderfer, JD 1999, Cozen O'Connor
- Susan B. Bayh, JD 1984
- Brian E. Cabrera, JD 1990, NVIDIA
- Richard Chernick, JD 1970, JAMS (Lifetime Member)
- The Honorable Candace D. Cooper, Ret., JD 1973, JAMS (Lifetime Member)
- Kenneth M. Doran, JD 1981, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher
- Mark Easton, O'Melveny & Myers, LLP
- Max Factor III, Factor Mediation
- Larry S. Flax, LLB 1967, Co-founder of California Pizza Kitchen
- Stanley P. Gold, LLB 1967, Shamrock Holdings, Inc. (Lifetime Member)
- Samuel Goldberg, JD 2006, ESDF Management
- Jefferson W. Gross, JD 1993, Burbridge, Mitchell & Gross
- Andrew T. Guzman, USC Gould School of Law
- Laurie F. Hasencamp, JD 1985 (Lifetime Member)
- Karen L. Heilman, JD 1982
- John M. Iino, JD 1987, Reed Smith
- Michele Mulrooney Jackoway, JD 1985, Venable
- Bruce E. Karatz, JD 1970, BK Capital (Lifetime Member)
- Michael C. Kelley, Sidley Austin
- Susan Kigawa, JD 1989, Walt Disney Company
- Thomas F. Larkins, JD 1986, Applied Materials, Inc.
- Charles T. Munger, Berkshire Hathaway
- Benjamin Nazarian, JD 1997, Omninet Capital
- Arsine Phillips, JD 1986, Parker Miliken Clark O'Hara Samuelian, APC
- Stephen P. Rader, JD 1981, Clarity Partners (Lifetime Member)
- Bruce M. Ramer, Gang, Tyre, Ramer & Brown (Lifetime Member)
- Robert S. Roth, World Oil Corporation
- Bruce H. Rothman, JD 1982, KOAR Institutional Advisors, LLC
- Kathryn A. Sanders, JD 1985, O'Melveny & Myers
- Karen Grant-Selma, JD 1994, OWN
- Michael J. Schroeder, JD 1982, Allied Professionals Insurance Company
- Robert L. Skinner, JD 1990, Montecito Bank & Trust
- Jeffrey H. Smulyan, JD 1972, Emmis Communications (Lifetime Member)
- Glenn A. Sonnenberg, JD 1980, Latitude Management Real Estate Investor
- Sorrell Trope, LLB 1949, Trope & Trope (Lifetime Member)
- Liza Wachter, JD 1984, RWSG Literary Agency
- David M. Walsh, JD 1985, Morrison Foerster
- Mark S. Wapnick, JD 1972, CourtCall
- Robert S. Warren, LLB 1956, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher (Lifetime Member)
- Daron Watts, JD 1994, Sidley Austin The Watts Group
- Karen B. Wong, JD 1986, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy
- C. Neil Ash, LLB 1950
- Charles G. Bakaly, LLB 1952, JAMS
- Hodge L. Dolle, Jr., LLB 1961, Dolle & Dolle
- Susan L. Harris, JD 1981
- Shari N. Leinwand, JD 1976
- The Honorable Nora M. Manella, JD 1975, California Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District
- Gary C. Ottoson, JD 1968, Bacalski Ottoson & Dube
- Richard L. Stack, The Hugh and Hazel Darling Foundation
Tolson testifies on Voting Rights Act before Congress
October 8, 2019
Vice Dean presented research on voting access to House Judiciary Committee.
1Ls hear advice, encouragement at orientation.