Senior Law Librarian - Research Services and Adjunct Assistant Professor of LawUSC Gould School of Lawcguyer@law.usc.edu
Work: (213) 740-2621
699 Exposition Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90089-0074 USA Room: 203C
last updated Thu, Mar 5, 2015
Cindy Guyer serves the USC Law community as a Senior Law Librarian – Research Services. She also has taught Legal Research I and II, and Legal Writing and Advocacy as an adjunct professor at USC Law. She previously practiced as a staff attorney with Protection & Advocacy, Inc., and was an editor and writer for the Daily Journal Corporation.
A lifelong Trojan, Guyer received her B.A. from USC in 1996 and her J.D. in 1999. She obtained a Master of Library and Information Science from San Jose State University in 2009. Guyer is active in various professional associations, including the American Association of Law Libraries (AALL) and the Southern California Association of Law Libraries (SCALL). Her recent programs include "Diversify Your Teaching Portfolio with Online Tutorials!" at the AALL Annual Meeting 2012 and "Experiential Learning: Context and Connections" at the SCALL All-California Joint Institute 2012. Guyer's research interests include instructional pedagogies, curriculum design, and educational technology.
Articles and Book Chapters
- "Book Review of 'What the Best Law Teachers Do,'" by Michael Schwartz, et al., 106 Law Library Journal (forthcoming Spring 2014).
- "It's All About the Money for Cost Effective Legal Research," 41(1) SCALL Newsletter 12 (Sept./Oct. 2013).
- "7 Tips for a Successful Flip," with Karen Skinner, 17(8) AALL Spectrum (June 2013). - (www)
- "Health Care Fraud: False Claims Act Enforcement," 40(4) SCALL Newsletter 10 (Mar./Apr. 2013).
- "Health Care Fraud: A Selected Bibliograph," Southern California Association of Law Libraries Institute (Mar. 2013).
- "Experiential Learning: Context and Connections for Legal Research – A Case Study," 32(3) Legal References Services Quarterly 161 (2013). - (SSRN)
- "Using Forms in Google Drive for Reference Statistics," 30(2) Hall (Houston Area Law Librarians) Newsletter 11-13 (Mar./Apr. 2013).
- "Hot Topics in Copyright for Librarians," 40(1) SCALL Newsletter 8 (Sept./Oct. 2012).
- "Book Review of 'Special Education Advocacy,'" by Ruth Colker and Julie K. Waterson. AALL Spectrum Blog (April 27, 2012). - (www)
- "Teaching SMARTly™: Technologies in Legal Research Instruction," AALL Spectrum 11-12 (February 2012).
- "The California Public Records Act: Shining the Light on Public Records," 38(4) SCALL Newsletter 16-17 (March/April 2011).
- "Gerontology and the Law: A Selected Annotated Bibliography: 2006-2008 Update," 84 S. Cal. L. Rev. 251 (2010) (with Judy Davis and Paul Moorman).
- "Assistive Technology Obligations for Postsecondary Education Institutions," 6 J. Access Services 12-35 (2009) (with Michelle Uzeta).
- "BookReview: Making Your Case: The Art of Persuading Judges," by Scalia, Antonin and Bryan A. Garner. 101 Law Library Journal 106-107 (2009). - (PDF)
- "Corporate Law 101: A Selected Bibliography," Southern California Association of Law Libraries Institute (March 2008).
- "Effects of Gender Differences on Physician-Assisted Suicide: Practice and Regulation," 8 S. Cal. Rev. L & Women's Stud. 101 (1998). - (PDF)