About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 115-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our rigorous and interdisciplinary curriculum, our invaluable experiential learning opportunities, and the breadth and depth of our specialized areas of concentration and certificate offerings.
- Student Life
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
Business Law Certificate
- + AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
- ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- BUSINESS LAW
- MEDIA, ENTERTAINMENT AND TECHNOLOGY LAW
- PUBLIC INTEREST LAW
- + EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING
- UNDERGRADUATE COURSES AND PROGRAMS
- CORPORATE AND CUSTOM EDUCATION
- + NON-DEGREE PROGRAMS
- ACADEMIC CALENDAR
- COURSE DESCRIPTIONS
Earning a certificate in Business Law in addition to your LLM degree helps you acquire the diverse legal, business and negotiating skills required to succeed in business law practice. It also offers you a credential that demonstrates your specialized training in this thriving and wide-ranging field.
You may concurrently earn multiple certificates offered by USC Gould. Some courses count toward more than one certificate.
To earn the Business Law certificate, you must take at least 12 units of mandatory and elective courses, as outlined below.
- Business Organizations
Electives (at least 8 units required)
- Accounting for Lawyers
- Administrative Law and Regulatory Policy
- ADR Clause Drafting
- Advanced Contracts
- Advanced Legal Writing for International Business Lawyers
- Analytical Methods for Lawyers
- Antitrust Law I
- Bankruptcy: Debtors and Creditors
- Business for Lawyers
- Business Planning
- Commercial Paper
- Contracts (LLM)
- Contract Drafting, Analysis and Negotiation
- Contract Drafting and Strategy
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Fraud
- Corporate Reorganization
- Corporate Taxation
- Dealmaking (LLM)
- Entertainment Dealmaking: Television and Online Media
- Insurance Law
- International Business Transactions
- International Sale of Goods
- International Trade Policy
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Partnerships and LLCs
- Partnership Taxation
- Real Estate Law and Business I
- Real Estate Law and Business II
- Real Estate Transaction Problems
- Secured Transactions
- Securities Fraud
- Securities Regulation
- Technology Transactions
- Topics in Corporate Law: Legal Negotiation
- Topics in Entertainment Law: Intellectual Property Licensing
- Topics in Entertainment Law: Legal and Business Issues in the Digital Age
- Transactional Practice: The Syndicated Loan Agreement
- Venture Capital Law and Finance
- Video Game Law in Practice
USC Marshall School of Business courses
- Corporate Financial Strategy
- Entrepreneurial Finance
You may choose to take one graduate-level course at USC Marshall. To request enrollment, email email@example.com with the course name and number.
Not all courses are offered every year. Courses are open to all students, not just those pursuing a certificate. You must earn a cumulative grade point average of 2.6 in your certificate coursework to receive the certificate.
Per American Bar Association requirements, courses taken outside USC Gould do not count toward the LLM degree. In addition, the New York Bar does not recognize USC Marshall School of Business courses.
Have Documents, Will Travel
March 2, 2018
Immigration Clinic opens new frontiers for USC staff and students
John Iino Named Chair of USC Gould School of Law’s Board of Councilors
February 28, 2018
Iino will assume the position July 1
February 14, 2018
Gould Students Take Second Place at the National Moot Court Finals in New York